Our UX Optimization Report is an audit of your existing product, service, app, etc…
We do these early in the UCD process when requirements, concepts, and scope are being discussed. That way, we can become familiar with what you already have.
It also makes a great stand-alone service. We can create your UX Optimization Report as part of our UCD process or you can just purchase a report any time.
Your current website, app, interface, or work-in-progress project needs a set of UX eyes.
You need outside feedback, advice, and suggestions. It might be a second opinion, or maybe you have no real UX staff.
Perhaps you are having trouble getting users to sign up, convert, buy, or engage. These are often UX problems, which can be hard for people in other departments to notice.
Our contract includes a mutual NDA. Your secrets are always safe with us.
Ptype’s UX Optimization report includes:
- A preliminary conversation to discuss what your product, service, or process flow is, and what concerns you might have about it. We would also like to learn more about your target audience(s).
- We use your site or product like your users would. We walk through the process(es) you’re concerned about. We consider the usability, content, layout, steps, and features for your target audience(s).
- We take Nielsen’s heuristics and accessibility into consideration.
- We take screen shots and make commentary in a Word document. The report is written in layman’s terms and includes specific examples from your website, app, or product as well as where it’s going right and where it might be going wrong.
- We include the severity of the problem, which helps you prioritize fixes or changes to your experience.
- We look at how you can better optimize what’s important to you and your users… processes, leads, sign-ups, conversions, ease of search and discovery, accomplishing tasks.
- We can have a follow-up call or emails to discuss our report.
Some of the specifics we examine include:
- Navgation – Can people find what they are looking for? Is moving around the site or app obvious?
- Value Proposition – Are what you offer and why you are so fantastic clear and compelling?
- Registration – Is signing up a short and clear process? How do you onboard new users?
- Mobile – Is your desktop website mobile friendly or responsive? Or a disaster for people visiting from phones, tablets, or other mobile devices?
- Copywriting – Is your copy written well for your audience? Or did someone write mailing for SEO or over the audience’s heads?
- Calls to Action (CTAs) – Does every page have a clear and compelling primary (and potentially secondary) CTA? Do users known how to do what they want or need to do on each page?
Further consulting and actual UX work for your project are available at an extra cost. We are always happy to generate a free, no-obligation proposal for additional work.
Always be open to evolution and improvement.
“But my web designer is great!” or “I love my website and don’t need feedback.” Or my all-time fave, “The boss thinks our app is great so we don’t need any help.”
UX specialists often look at things differently than web designers, artists, programmers, marketing experts, etc… We use empathy, psychology, and other tools and magic to really put ourselves in the shoes and mindset of your customer. This means you may hear things from us that nobody told you or thought of.
Debbie is fast, precise and brilliant. She provided great ideas on usability improvements to our website and software. Turnaround was superfast and it is a pleasure to work with her.Startup client who received a UX Optimization report for a "make your computer faster" product