Our UX Optimization Report is an audit of your existing product, service, app, etc…
We do these early in the UCD process when requirements, concepts, and scope are being discussed. That way, we can become familiar with what you already have.
It also makes a great stand-alone service. We can create your UX Optimization Report as part of our UCD process or you can just purchase a report any time.
Your current website, app, interface, or work-in-progress project needs a set of UX eyes.
Perhaps you are having trouble getting users to sign up, convert, buy, or engage. These are often UX problems, which can be hard for people in other departments to notice.
Our contract includes a mutual NDA. Your secrets are always safe with us.
Ptype’s UX Optimization report includes:
- A preliminary conversation to discuss what your product, service, or process flow is, and what concerns you might have about it. We would also like to learn more about your target audience(s).
- We use your site or product like your users would. We walk through the process(es) you’re concerned about. We consider the usability, content, layout, steps, and features for your target audience(s).
- We take Nielsen’s heuristics and accessibility into consideration.
- We review for Accessibility, taking users with vision and mobility issues into account.
- We take screen shots and make commentary in a Word document. The report is written in layman’s terms and includes specific examples from your website, app, or product as well as where it’s going right and where it might be going wrong.
- We include the severity of the problem, which helps you prioritize fixes or changes to your experience.
- We look at how you can better optimize what’s important to you and your users… processes, leads, sign-ups, conversions, ease of search and discovery, accomplishing tasks.
- We can have a follow-up call or emails to discuss our report.
Some of the specifics we examine include:
- Navigation – Can people find what they are looking for? Is moving around the site or app obvious?
- Value Proposition – Are what you offer and why you are so fantastic clear and compelling?
- Registration – Is signing up a short and clear process? How do you onboard new users?
- Mobile – Is your desktop website mobile friendly or responsive? Or a disaster for people visiting from phones, tablets, or other mobile devices?
- Accessibility – Did you receive a complaint that your site was not ADA compliant? We use the Section 508 Checklist to fully check your site for ADA Compliance and best practices in making websites Perceivable, Operable, Understandable, and Robust for all users.
- Copywriting – Is your copy written well for your audience? Or did someone write for SEO or over the audience’s heads?
- Calls to Action (CTAs) – Does every page have a clear and compelling primary (and potentially secondary) CTA? Do users known how to do what they want or need to do on each page?
Further consulting and actual UX work for your project are available at an extra cost. We are always happy to generate a free, no-obligation proposal for additional work.
Always be open to evolution and improvement.
UX specialists often look at things differently than web designers, artists, programmers, marketing experts, etc… We use empathy, psychology, and other tools and magic to really put ourselves in the shoes and mindset of your customer. This means you may hear things from us that nobody told you or thought of.
This morning we received an amazing, focused, action-oriented report which details some common-sense changes we can make to improve the site for our customers.
If you even WONDER whether your website could POSSIBLY be improved, please connect with Debbie and be prepared to hear some TRUTH. Client with a beauty industry wholesale website